C. Palmer Mfg. Co
5 Palmer Rd
West Newton, Pennsylvania
phone (724) 872-8200
Short report on company website
Carmen Palmieri founded our company in 1946, in his basement with no money and a strong desire to work. The first aluminum castings he made were small Italian cookie irons. He was then approached about making sinker molds, after some time making these for others; he decided to create a whole line of molds with his name being the brand. Unfortunately, at this time in history, trying to sell products under an ethnic name was difficult. This being the case the name was Americanized to C. Palmer Manufacturing, Inc. As the business continued to grow the product line also became much larger. In the late fifties the business was too large for the basement to handle, so Carmen with the help of his first son John built the first true plant. John was fresh out of the Navy and anxious to help his father. Being in electronics in the Navy, he had several new and innovative ideas for products as well as plant automation. The company came out with the first electric Pizzelle Iron as well as the Palmer Sandwich Toaster. Sales were booming and it did not take long to outgrow the existing plant, so again it was time to expand and land was bought, and in 1964 a new plant was built with more than enough room, or so they thought. John designed and implemented a fully automated sand casting system. Many companies revered the system. A national electronics manufacture sent a few of their engineers to observe the system. ...